What do you mean by minced beef?

by Kathryn Shoemaker
(Atlanta, GA)

You mention "minced beef" in some of your recipes. I thought minced beef was fine chopped cooked beef? Please clarify this so I can make the recipes as described. Thank you.


Hi Kathryn,

Minced beef is the British term for what I believe Americans call 'ground beef'.

It doesn't refer to it being cooked in any way, just describes the type of meat you buy at the store - little shredded beef bits effectively.

Hope that's clear. Do let me know which recipe you try and how you get on :-)


Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Pasta Q&A.

Grab your FREE cookbook!

Join me on...

Most Popular

Find your best pasta maker
Different types of pasta
Moreish carbonara sauce