Summer pasta salad recipe
STEPS 4 INGREDIENTS 7 TIME 15-20 MINS
Did I mention it’s real quick? It’s pretty much ready in the time it takes to cook the pasta. That’s it, done!
This particular pasta salad recipe is also a great one for doubling - or even tripling - the ingredients in to present your sun-kissed family members or guests with a great big serving bowl of dip-in delight.
Whup this giant dish in the center of the table, hand ‘em a small bowl each and chomp on… buono!
Serves 2 (4 if used as a starter)
Ingredients: (For a printable PDF shopping list click here, or right-click this link and choose 'Save target/link as' to save it for later.)
x2 200g/7oz balls of buffalo mozzarella cheese
400g/14oz cherry tomatoes (ideally fresh)
10-15 basil leaves (ideally fresh)
200g/7oz short pasta (fusilli/pennette/farfalle etc.)
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt & Pepper
Optional: balsamic vinegar (there’s a great selection here )
Optional: parmesan cheese shavings
STEP 1 - Boil a large pasta pan of water, add handful of salt and cook your pasta as per packet’s timings.
STEP 2 - While the pasta cooks, we’ll get the rest ready:
- Rinse and chop the tomatoes into quarters. Place in a mixing bowl or your final serving bowl.
- Rinse, tear and add basil leaves.
- Chop mozzarella into small 1cm cubes and add to bowl.
STEP 3 - Drizzle over a hearty glug of oil, plus a generous throw or two of salt and a grind/pinch of pepper.
- At this stage, also add a shorter drizzle of the optional balsamic vinegar if you like.
STEP 4 - When pasta is cooked, drain this and stir into the bowl with the rest.
- Just leave for 5 minutes - to cool down to room temperature - and it’s ready to serve!
Did you like this summer pasta salad?
Then why not try...
• This nutrient-packed vegetable pasta salad
• This easy cherry tomato pasta recipe
New! CommentsHave your say about this page! Just add a comment in the box below.