Spinach pasta recipe (spaghetti) with garlic
This recipe is from Bill Granger's 'Every Day' recipe book (I sometimes tweak this recipe though depending on what's in the pantry!).
- A big bag of baby spinach (the more the better as it "shrinks")
- Olive oil (I use cold pressed extra virgin)
- Spaghetti ('spelt' is good) OR angel hair/linguine pasta (whatever is in the pantry!)
- Grana Padana or Reggiano Italian cheese
- A good-quality dry white wine
- Chili (optional) - you can used dried chili too
1. Cook pasta in a saucepan of generously salted water until 'al dente' (i.e. 1 min less than packet suggests - Matt)
2. When the pasta is cooked & drained, start the sauce:
- Add a good few glugs of the olive oil into a heated pan, along with 2-4 cloves of garlic (I like a lot of garlic so feel free to decrease or add more!)
- Add a fresh (or a few shakes of dried) chili.
Cook for about 2 minutes until aromatic.
3. Add 80mls of wine (I like a lot, so sometimes do up to about 100mls or even more) & cook for another 1-2 mins.
- Add the spinach & when it is wilted add your drained pasta.
(Tip: I normally add the pasta in batches if I am doing a large quantity, so that all the pasta is beautifully coated with the sauce & spinach.)
4.Grate some of the parmesan over the entire dish while still in the pan
When serving: I add more parmesan & also a pinch or 2 of extra salt (I use Pink Himalayan Crystal Salt which I highly recommend over regular table salt!)
And voilà! Done! Simple!
This spinach pasta recipe is one of my very favourite pasta dishes - it is so simple & yet so tasty! And it's also GREAT if you have extra unexpected guests! :D
I normally serve this as a dinner dish, but it would make a lovely light-yet-filling lunch too!
Liesl a.k.a. lulubrownskin.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Your favorite pasta recipe.