‘Tiny Toms’ simple pasta recipe
STEPS 4 INGREDIENTS 6 TIME 15-20 MINS
If you love your tomatoes, you’ll love this dish – as those little red critters never taste better than when you turn them into a molten, basil-laden pasta sauce. Mmm...
Just fry up some onions and basil leaves in ‘EVOO’, fling in a few tiny cherry toms, and smother the lot over your favourite pasta shapes.
I wasn’t lying y'know... this is one seriously simple pasta recipe! Let's stop gassing and make it…
Ingredients: (For a printable PDF shopping list click here, or right-click this link and choose 'Save target/link as' to save the list for later.)
240g/8.5oz of your favorite short pasta (this brand is tasty)
2 handfuls of fresh cherry tomatoes
20 basil leaves
Half an onion
Extra virgin olive oil
Large/deep frying pan with lid
STEP 1 - Some quick preparation first:
- Finely chop your half onion (the other half can go back in the fridge).
- Wash and tear the basil leaves.
- Rinse and then chop the cherry toms in half.
STEP 2 - Generously cover the base of the frying pan with olive oil and pop on a medium heat hob.
- When the oil is hot, add the onions and basil leaves, and cover the pan with its lid.
- Fry gently – stirring occasionally - until the onion softens (just 2-3 mins).
STEP 3 - When the onion is soft, add the cherry toms and once again cover the pan.
- Fry until the toms soften (approx. 5 mins) then just a couple more minutes with the lid off. Once done, move off the heat.
The aim of the game here? Molten and oily toms. Scrummy!
STEP 4 - Either while the sauce cooks or once it’s ready and off the heat (whatever you feel happiest with), cook up your pasta in a salted pan of water as per its packet’s instructions.
- Once drained, drop the pasta shapes into the pan of oily tomato sauce. Stir through thoroughly.
How good is that to munch? Buonissimo!
Enjoyed this simple pasta recipe?
Then why not try these other easy pasta recipes…
• Spaghetti carbonara recipe – eggy fried bacon smothered over spaghetti. A moreish classic…
• Pasta with ricotta – tomato sauce with bacon and creamy soft ricotta cheese. A staple offering at our house.
New! CommentsHave your say about this page! Just add a comment in the box below.