Pasta with butter
(West Hempstead, NY, USA)
(Matt - Pasta Recipes Made Easy: This pasta with butter dish is quick to make and seriously scrumptious. The key is to make sure you use 'sweet' unsalted butter.)
1. Cook your spaghetti and drain.
2. Melt 2-4 tablespoons of sweet butter in a small saucepan.
3. Add 1-2 tablespoons of bread crumbs, stir and cook over a medium heat. The butter will foam as the crumbs brown.
4. When the foam dies down, add salt to taste, stir, pour over spaghetti and mix well.
This is the original recipe. I grew up with this dish and still love it, and I like to mix in tuna salad and corn, which were the inevitable accompaniments my mother made. The brown butter goes well with fresh vegetables too.
• If butter's your thing, why not give this equally easy breakfast pasta recipe a whirl?
Have you tried this spaghetti dish? Just leave your comment by clicking the link below.