Pasta thicker than thick spaghetti?

I need a type of pasta that's shaped like spaghetti but thicker than thick spaghetti.

Any advice?


Sure thing... a couple of variations specific to regions are Italy are these:

'Pici' (pronounced pee-chee) or 'pinci' is the Tuscan name for a long pasta shape slightly thicker than spaghetti, while in and around Venice you will hear a buckwheat or wholewheat pasta very similar to this referred to as 'bigoli'.

Otherwise, larger spaghetti is simply called 'spaghettoni'. You may find this in larger superstores or Italian delicatessens. Alternatively, Benedetto Cavalieri's spaghettoni is available online at Amazon here.

Hope that helps!


Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Pasta Q&A.

Grab your FREE cookbook!

Join me on...

Most Popular

Find your best pasta maker
Different types of pasta
Moreish carbonara sauce