Hannah's Black Truffle Pasta
by Brian Kelly
Direct from Ireland, Hannah's black truffle pasta...
Serves 2 - Daddy and Hannah
1 large red chili
2 cloves garlic
Handful of roasted salted cashew nuts
50g/1.75oz of sliced black truffles
Extra virgin olive oil
Fresh tagliatelle pasta (200-250g/7-9oz)
- Finely chop the chili, garlic and shallots.
Melt a knob of butter in a saucepan. Add some olive oil to stop it burning.
- On a low heat cook the chili, garlic and shallots for a couple of minutes.
- Add the truffles to heat them through. Add extra olive oil depending on preferred taste.
- In parallel cook fresh tagliatelle for 3 minutes.
- Add the truffle mixture to the taglielle and sprinkle the cashew nuts on top.
Our friend Alicia claimed that the cashew nuts accentuated the nuttiness of the truffles, but that sounds like something a food critic would say.
We ate it all before we remembered to take a photo. Will send a photo next time we make it, although need to take a trip to Santa Pollenta cafe in Morges, Switzerland to buy the truffles first!