Which is the best pasta maker for you?
It’s a tough call to decide the best pasta maker to buy if you've never used one, so here is some considered advice on choosing the perfect machine for you.
These thoughts are based on my own pasta-making experience and the reviews of hundreds of pasta-loving Amazon customers.
• Prefer an electric version? Try this electric pasta machines page.
• Got a question? Start with our Italian Pasta Machines FAQ.
• Already use a pasta machine? Rave/rant about it here!
3 Best Pasta Makers
As rated by buyers on Amazon.com...
This is not only Amazon's best-rated pasta roller but it's the machine I use myself (see my full Imperia pasta machine review).
This Italian beauty is the most widely sold pasta machine in the world, so it's arguably the best pasta maker to start you off on your delectable cooking adventure. Chrome plated and built from long-lasting steel, it includes fettuccine and spaghetti attachments and works an absolute treat.
Typical Amazon review comments:
- “When I was in Tuscany taking a class in pasta making this is the model they used, need I say more…”
- “I bought a cheap $25 version of this machine only to be disappointed. With the SP150 I was amazed at the difference.”
- “It’s the best machine out there. Very well built, sturdy and well worth the money.”
Expect to pay: US $70-90.
There are various Marcato pasta makers available, but this is the most popular with Amazon buyers. Style and function-wise it’s virtually identical to the Imperia above, in that it's a steel-built manual pasta roller with a free long-pasta attachment.
Sturdy as heck and made in Italy, this will serve you well if you happen to find it for a better price than the Imperia.
Read my full Atlas pasta maker review.
Typical Amazon review comments…
- “This machine will last forever if you care for it and makes super fresh pasta."
- “Despite the jokes about Fiats and Italian machinery - this is world class.”
- “I purchased this after a terrible experience with Kitchenaid pasta attachments. Within an hour I had produced a lovely bowl of fresh spinach pasta. Bellisimo.”
- “It produces wonderful results and is sturdy enough to withstand my kids!”
Expect to pay: US $70-80.
Amazon’s buyers have found this to be the best pasta maker for those on a tight budget.
Although not as heavily built as its pricier Imperia and Marcato competitors, this Prime model has received on averaged some good review ratings on Amazon.com. It’s maybe not our first choice machine then, but if you really can’t stretch above $20, it’s arguably an okay starting point.
Read more about this pasta roller machine.
Typical Amazon review comments…
- “Works well for light-duty use.”
- “Easy to attach and easy to use, produces thick or thin noodles. We love it!”
- “This is not the best pasta maker ever, but it works.”
- “I was skeptical about a pasta machine at this price, but it's great.”
Expect to pay: US $25-35.
Quick Tip: Once you've bought a machine, learn how to make dough with my Fresh Pasta Recipe Collection.
Which Pasta Machine Do You Use?
Do you use one of these machines above? Or maybe a different product? Share your feedback here...
What Other Visitors Said...
Click below to see pasta machine thoughts from other visitors...
KitchenAid Pasta Attachment
Marcato Atlas 180mm
Loving the KitchenAid pasta maker attachment
The worst? Norpro pasta machine
Cucina Pro pasta machine review
Atlas Pasta Maker Bargain!
Kitchen Aid Pasta Attachment
Atlas Original pasta maker
Imperia Pasta Machine SP150
Norpro pasta maker - worked for me!
New! CommentsHave your say about this page! Just add a comment in the box below.