'Tale Of Two Fishes'
- spaghetti, tuna and anchovy recipe
STEPS 5 INGREDIENTS 8 TIME 20 MINS
This quick and easy anchovy recipe
serves up a dish of seriously healthy pasta pleasure, because you get not just one brain-friendly fishy ‘hit’ but two.
Not only that, but this pasta meal is a cinch to cook – with just 5 steps in all and 8 ingredients (two of which are – duh! - olive oil and salt).
Best of all, unlike some similar dishes, this anchovy recipe actually requires very few anchovies (just 4 of these to serve 2 people), so you can save cash by buying the smallest pack or tin in the store.
Enough talk then, let’s hit the kitchen and feed our brains…
Ingredients: (For a printable PDF shopping list click here, or right-click this link and choose 'Save target/link as' to save the list for later.)
150g/5oz fresh tuna fillets or tinned tuna flakes/chunks
4 fresh (or tinned) anchovies
1 clove of garlic
1 tablespoon (20g/0.7oz) of capers
Half a 400g/14oz tin of chopped tomatoes
Extra virgin olive oil
Large pasta pan
STEP 1 - First, preparation and garlic browning.
- Make sure your capers are rinsed and no longer covered in salt (otherwise your creation will be way too salty!).
- Chop the ends off the garlic. Peel it and chop it into quarters.
- Using a medium heat hob, fry these garlic chunks in half a pan of olive oil, until the garlic turns light brown. When done, throw the garlic chunks in the bin (they're not nice to crunch).
STEP 2 - Drop the 4 anchovies into the same oily frying pan and fry for 2-3 minutes until these dissolve and turn to paste.
STEP 3 - Add the capers and the tuna.
Tip: If you have any white wine lying around, you can also add quarter of a glass now.
Simmer for 7 minutes. (If using tuna fillet steak, gradually break it up into smaller chunks with a spoon or fork.)
When 7 mins is up, take the pan off the heat while we get the spaghetti going.
STEP 4 - Boil a kettle and get your large pan full of bubbling, boiling water. Then drop in the spaghetti - taking note of the cooking time on its packet.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, move the frying pan back onto a medium hob and add in the chopped tomatoes.
Fry and stir the whole sauce mixture for 4-5 minutes more.
STEP 5 - When the pasta is ready, drain this and drop it into the frying pan.
Mix and stir it all through for a minute, then serve.
That's one quick and delicious anchovy recipe, right?
Serve with white wine and do let me know if you liked it.
Return from Anchovy Recipe to Seafood Pasta Recipes
Return from Anchovy Recipe to homepage